Local Character and Local Charm
Fairlington Village straddles Alexandria and Arlington in an area that was originally part of the
DC square. Located at the southernmost section of Arlington it is walkable to the Village of
Shirlington and has easy access to Interstate 395 and shopping on King Street.
Built between 1942 and 1945 by the federal government’s DHC these brick building were
constructed to house military officers and key government employees.The seven condominium
communities of North and South Fairlington were added to the Virginia Landmarks Register in
1998 and in 1999 was placed on the Federal National register of Historic Places.
Today all units are owned as condominiums and have a Home Owner’s Association with an
elected Board of Directors which governs the community and maintains the common areas.
There are six pools and twelve tennis courts throughout the community for use by the residents
and tenants as well as a community center. Plenty of onstreet parking is available for residents
who must have a permit sticker.