Fall Fire & Life Safety Tips
Fairfax County's Fire and rescue Department offers safety tips for a safe and enjoyable fall and winter season.
•Inspect fireplaces to ensure chimneys are clean and have a cap.
• Keep top clear of tree limbs or debris.
• Store ashes in metal container dampen with water and seal. keep the container outside for additional safety.
• Never leave burning candles unattended.
• Never leave burning candles where children and pets can access them.
• Do not burn candles near windows or doorways
• Keep at three feet of clearance between combustibles.
• Never leave a heater on when you are sleeping or not in the room.
Looking for more safety tips visit Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Page