Get the vintage look that can cost you tons for a fraction of the cost by doing it yourself!
Remember a while back when I told you all about the amazing chair that I had for forever that had been my grandparents? Well, my sister and her husband just re-did some of their heirloom furniture from his grandparents to keep it looking awesome! This was my brother in law’s grandmother’s chair that had been-seriously- 6 shades of green. To renew it and make it their own my sister and her husband did the following instead of going out and buying some ridiculously priced brand new chair (which, by the way, can cost more than $350):
- Clean your wrought iron thoroughly with a sander (wear a mask- because you’re probably dealing with lead paint).
- Pick out your paint color(s). Remember that you can use multiple colors for a striped look.
- Use paint tape for the stripe.
- Follow the particular paint brand’s directions and have fun!
- Don’t watch the paint dry… that’s boring.
- Enjoy your renewed piece of furniture.
A cool side note that makes this re-do that much more “green”: to buy paint the for the chair, Margeaux and Bryan used their aluminum can recycling money! Talk about reduce, reuse, recycle! I thought that was super cool and just wanted to share. What neat green ideas have you had? Share them with me on Facebook or find me on Twitter as @YourEcoBroker. I’d love to hear from you.