1. Bring in Light– showcase your windows and natural light
2. Change out dated brass fixtures– from brass light fixtures to faceplates, exchange them for freshened fixtures which will evoke a feeling of the newness that will bring you top dollar
3. Bring in Warm Neutral Paint– warm neutrals bring you more money! As much as you enjoyed your fun, funky colors, softer serene colors will have a calm pallet of a new blank slate and often make rooms look larger for the potential buyer
4. A return to Solid Surfaces– if possible bring in solid surfaces where you are able if your budget will allow. If you have the capability of either replacing carpet with solid surfaces such as hardwoods, tiles or other solid surface flooring, do so. This is not just to reduce allergens for the potential buyer, but to increase your bottom line.
5. Kitchen updates– the trend has been to showcase the white and gray kitchen. If you aren’t able to update the whole kitchen, just painting cabinets and freshening them up will really give your space a nice new spin and bring you top dollar.
Interested in our professional opinion about your personal home?
We’d love to help in a no-obligation consultation for your real estate needs. If “Do It Yourself projects” aren’t your cup of tea, we have an amazing group of professionals we highly recommend and are happy to connect you with.