Take some tips for stuff to do this Labor Day Weekend.
It tends to be the signal of the last weekend of care-free fun for kiddos who have to go back to school. It tends to be the last hurrah before college folk have to hit the book and parents and professionals alike get back to the old grind. What is the time that we tend to be speaking of??? It is Labor Day weekend- the end of summer time, even though Fall doesn’t officially commence until September 23. My sister’s birthday is on Labor Day, and I remember thinking that it was sooo cool that she would get her very own personal holiday right before school started!
Many people plan out their final weekend of Summer long in advance, but if you’ve been waiting until the last minute, here are some tips for some things to do this holiday weekend in and around the DC Metro Area.
Top 5 Ideas for your Labor Day Weekend:
- Go to one of the many farmers markets around Arlington, Ballston, Colombia Pike, Clarendon and pick up some end of season produce and have a picnic or a farm fresh BBQ. Don’t forget to get your fill on the farmer’s markets- some of them only run until October- if you’re lucky!
- Get your outdoors-man style on! Do a hike at Great Falls, or a nice bike ride up the WO&D trail- the trail is pretty easy- just like riding a bike. You can get started near the Shirlington area just off of Four Mile Run, there is a ton of parking available, and you can even get your dogs out to the Four Mile Run dog park while you’re there!
- Get your friends together for a free concert on the US Capitol.
- Are you a Beatles fan? Check out the Abbey Road on the River festival. Not so much, do the DC Blues Festival at Carter Barron Amphitheater.
- Get your last tan of the season at one of the many community pools (remember your SPF!).
These are just a few ideas to kick around that don’t involve that much commuting- well, except for maybe a drive out to Great Falls, but you could technically ride your bike out there! Never fear, you will find something fun and exciting to do for your Labor Day weekend! You could always just relax…
What are your plans for Labor Day weekend? Tell us on our Facebook page! We’d love to know!