When you are going through what can most definitely be an emotional time of selling your parents' home, there are so many things to think about, from the set up of the estate to making sure you have the right team to back to you. You definitely want to make sure you have a professional Realtor to ensure your best interests are cared for in this process.
- Select your Realtor, who truly knows the market.
- Work with your Realtor, who should identify what should be done to the home to prepare it for market, so it will sell for top dollar in the shortest amount of time.
- Have your point of contact and attorney-in-fact established for your team.
- If you have to sell items such as estate pieces, identify those items and set them aside.
- Prepare the home for sale with proper removal of the personal items such as prescription drugs and family heirlooms.