With Winter on its Way Out, the Spring Home Sales Season is Upon us in Northern Virginia.
There is something about the melting of snow and the last frost that triggers that nesting sense in most of us; especially in and around the DC Metro area where we actually experience four seasons! As the Tulips and Narcissus push their way through the soil, and emerge with fresh green ready to shine their brilliant colors it seems that for sale signs seems to be doing the same thing… emerging from the winter to welcome you to start your home search!
When you’re looking to buy a home in Northern Virginia, no matter the time of year, it is always a great idea to have the following things in order before you start your search. Here are the steps to getting started in your home search:
- Select a lender and start the pre-qualification process. Having your financing in order will allow for you to show a strong offer when you are ready to seriously start your search.
- Find a Real Estate professional that you truly trust. Your Realtor will guide you through the Virginia real estate process to ensure that you have a seamless transaction.
- Start to narrow down your search by area. If you know where you’ll be working, and about how long of a commute you want, your Northern Virginia Realtor can help you hone in on properties that meet your search criteria. Researching the Northern Virginia communities that you may want to buy a home in is a great place to start!
- Identify the qualities you want in your home. Understanding how you will live in your home so you can achieve optimum function and performance will have you living a much more comfortable lifestyle. EcoBroker Real Estate professionals should be able to help you.
- Get out there to view properties! After you have discovered the amount of home you can afford, have selected a Realtor to help you through the search process, decided on an area that you want to live, and have identified the sort of home you want to live in, get out there and start looking at houses!
If you have just decided to buy a home in Northern Virginia, I would love the opportunity to help simplify your home search this Spring.