Columbia Pike has been undergoing a transformation for the past few years. Get ready for an updated, pedestrian friendly South Arlington spot with a small town feel.
From the new underground utilities, to the hundreds of trees that Arlington County will soon plant to give this revitalized part of South Arlington a new look and feel. From S. Wakefield to Four Mile Run, Columbia Pike has been awaiting this awakening for quite some time. The utility and continued revitalization work is expected to go on into this Summer of 2011, and will not only include the more pedestrian friendly underground utilities, but also new sidewalks and pedestrian paths will be illuminated by new street lights. For folks looking for a hot spot to buy real estate in Northern Virginia- definitely keep your eye on the Columbia Pike corridor. From Penrose to Nauck, this revitalization project has the pulse of the South Arlington Real Estate market pumping. Keep posted here for more information about the community revitalization.
Genevieve’s Top 5 Picks along the revamped Columbia Pike Corridor:
- Bob and Edith’s Diner- locally owned and operated 24 hour diner!
- Lost Dog Cafe- Pizza, Sandwiches, Beers- and they deliver!
- Columbia Pike Farmer’s Market- Sundays May-November…
- The new and improved Columbia Pike Giant (coming soon, but I already know it will be a favorite!)
- The Arlington Drafthouse Cinema- Movies + Food and Beer= Perfect Date Night in Arlington, Virginia
I’d love to share with you what this means for the surrounding communities such as Douglas Park and Columbia Heights! Let me know if you’re curious and I’ll be happy to discuss the current real estate market climate around the Columbia Pike Corridor